A. Speak with an admissions staff member* at the institution where you plan to transfer as soon as possible to determine:
- The application process, may be streamlined, so identify yourself as a transfer student and ask for the appropriate application.
- What credentials are needed – High school transcript? College transcript(s)? Letter of good standing? etc.
- What test scores (if any) are needed
- What admission and/or registration requirements must be completed
- Any assessments that might be necessary
B. Explore the transfer information that can be found throughout TransferIN.net.
C. Be prepared to provide some or all of the following:
- Official transcript from the institution you are currently attending and from any other institution previously attended
- Official high school transcript and/or GED
- SAT, ACT, AP, IP, and/or CLEP scores
- DD214 and/or A.C.E.
- Pay the required application fee
D. Take advantage of the web site of your new institution to discover the most current and accurate information about the transfer process, what programs are open to transfer students, etc.
* Names of the people to contact and their contact information for each institution may be found at Transfer Contacts