Military Training for Credits

Get the credit you deserve for your military experience and training.

Military Training for Credits

Get the resources and assistance you need to succeed.

Indiana schools go above and beyond to serve members of the military and their families. Learn how your military experience may transfer to college credit and how you can get the resources and assistance you need to complete your education.

Send your Joint Services Transcript (JST) transcript to your school of choice.

The Joint Services Transcript (JST) is an academically accepted document approved by the American Council on Education (ACE). It validates your military occupational experience and training along with the corresponding ACE college credit recommendations.

Simply log on to the JST website to create your free account and access your records. You don’t have to be active duty in order to access the JST website and your transcript is free.

Once you’ve created an account, click the Transcripts link to view your transcript and sections for Military Course Completions, Military Experience, and College Level Test Scores. To send your transcripts to a school, select Official Transcript Request from the Transcripts menu. On the next page, select a school from the list. Finally, acknowledge the consent statement by clicking Yes.

Note: Air Force personnel should contact the Community College of the Air Force (CCAFto send and receive their transcripts.

Perform a quick check to see if a school is approved for VA benefits.

Use the WEAMS Institution search tool on the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) website to find out which Indiana schools are approved for VA benefits and participate in the Yellow Ribbon Program to cover costs the Post-9/11 GI Bill doesn’t.