Enrollment Certification

Keep your school enrollment certification up to date.

Many federal veterans’ education benefits require you to request your college to complete Veterans Affairs (VA) Form 22-1999 (Enrollment Certification) and submit it and all other pertinent forms directly to the VA.
Do not risk the loss of any benefit by failing to request this certification. Report any of the following to your college’s certifying official:

  • Non-attendance in class (noting last date attended)
  • Dropping any class (noting date dropped)
  • Increase in credit hours
  • Non-payment of fees
  • Classes not pertaining to your degree
  • Deployment (including a copy of your orders)

Follow these tips for enrollment certification.

  1. Verify your continued enrollment with the VA each month, either on the last day of the current month or on the first day of the next month:
    • Call 1-877-838-2778, or
    • Go to the VA’s WAVE page and provide the correct information
  2. If you fail to complete step 1, you will not receive your monthly benefit
  3. Retain a copy of all your documentation sent to the VA, your college, or any state or federal office
  4. Keep your college certifying official informed of your student status
  5. Notify your college of any situations affecting the number of hours or your attendance