Veterans Affairs

Veterans Affairs

Veterans Affairs

When you’ve served your country, and have decided to enroll in college, our TransferIN resources can help you determine what credits you already have!

Get the VA benefits you’ve earned.

You were part of the 1% of the population who volunteered to serve in our country’s military, and you served the nation and us with honor. Now let us serve you. To further your education and skills — or learn an entirely different skill set — apply for your VA education and training benefits today.

Apply for education benefits.

If you’re an active-duty service member or veteran, a member of the National Guard or Reserves, or a qualified survivor or dependent family member of military personnel, you may be eligible for VA education benefits through the GI Bill or other educational assistance programs.

Learn more

Explore schools.

What type of school do you hope to attend — a vocational school or a college or university?

Attending a vocational school is a great way to learn a trade or build upon the skills you learned in the service, and earning a degree from a college or university increases your career choices and earning opportunities. But before you apply to any school, you need to do a little homework.

First, verify a prospective school’s licensing and accreditation to make sure it’s a reputable institution.

A school without proper accreditation will make it difficult to secure financial aid and the transfer of credits. Second, find out if a school will make you take courses that you don’t want or need — or take out hard-to-pay loans.

To compare colleges or universities by programs and majors, use the College Navigator.

Search now

Learn how far your education benefits can go.

With the GI Bill Comparison Tool, you can find out how your benefits cover tuition, housing, and book expenses at each school. In addition, you can also learn what veteran programs are available on campus, graduation rates, if there is credit available for military training, and more.

Compare schools

Got questions? Here’s who to contact.

U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
Stateside: 888-GIBILL-1 (888-442-4551), Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. CT
Overseas: 001-918-781-5678, Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. CT

Indiana Department of Veterans Affairs
Phone: 317-234-6061

School Admissions or Financial Aid Office
Ask to speak with the VA Certifying Official.