At some point during the application process, you will need to request and provide all of your transcripts to your prospective school. Fortunately, Indiana has made this process free and easy for high school transcripts. Here’s additional information:
Indiana e-Transcript enables you to send your high school transcripts electronically to ANY school worldwide. It’s safe, secure, convenient (24/7), and free.
This service is provided to Indiana students and families by the Indiana Commission for Higher Education (ICHE) and the Indiana Department of Education (IDOE). For more information, contact the Transfer Indiana Central Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 765-285-5810.
Benefits of Indiana e-Transcript
- Relieves concerns by providing an e-mail verification of transcript transmission/receipt
- Results in quicker admissions decisions
- Enables you to order transcripts online at your convenience, 24/7
To transfer college credits, you will need to order your transcript through the Registrar’s office at the institution you plan to transfer from.
You will also need to have a copy of your military transcripts sent to your prospective school. Different service branches have different transcripts and processes for requesting them.
- Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps, and Navy — Joint Services Transcript (JST)
- Air Force — Community College of the Air Force (CCAF) Transcript
For more details, see Military Transcripts.Benefits of Indiana e-Transcript
- Helps institutions manage transcript requests/receipts efficiently and in a timely manner, reducing time, effort, and expenses
- Provides a legible, standardized copy to be easily read by and shared with admissions staff, academic advisors, scholarship committees, etc.
- Enables schools to:
- Send immediate notice of receipt to students
- Track the status of a transcript with real-time reporting
- Easily request mid-year and final transcripts
- Lets colleges be proactive by identifying transcripts requirements
During the 2013 legislative session, the General Assembly passed HEA 1341, and the Governor signed P.L. 111-2013 into law. This law establishes the Indiana e-Transcript program to allow students attending accredited schools to request that their transcript be transmitted electronically. The Indiana common high school electronic transcript uses common data fields to enable the transmission of the transcript to the recipient with data. To be compliant, all current student transcripts must be sent with data.